Obrázek nenalezen
Homepage > Tips for trips

Sightseeing circuit

Frýdlant
Dear visitors town of Frýdlant, we prepared for you sightseeing circuit that will take you through our city.
On the sightseeing circuit you will visit this places:

1. Town hall

The current town hall building had five predecessors in 1532-1897. The present town hall was built in the Neo-Renaissance style in 1893-1896 according to the design by the Viennese architect Franz von Neumann, who is also the author of the City Hall in Liberec. The town hall is dominated by the clock tower, which is 48 meters high and every hour there is a sound of chimes with alternating melodies. The town hall tower, as well as the Town Museum located on the 2nd floor of the building can be visited according to the opening hours.

2. T. G. Masaryk square

The square is the centre of the Town Monument Zone. There is a total of 20 residental buildings and a town hall around it. It is worth mentioning in particular the House of Feudal Despotism (Commercial Bank), a triple house with rich stucco (house No. 73) and a home run by the Orthodox Church (house No. 104).

3. The Marian Column

In memory of plague epidemics in the 16th and 17th centuries the Marian Baroque Plague Column was built in 1723 on the square of the former governance. In 1897 the column was relocated to its present place at the church of the Finding of the Holly Cross.

4. The Church of the Finding of the Holly Cross

On the site of today´s church there was once the chapel of St. Barbara, The larget expansion of the building occurred in the middle of the 16th century ehen Christoph of Bieberstein invited an Italian builder to Frýdlant. The interior features valuable cultural works of white, black and green marble. This is the tomb of the Redern family, which at the time of its creation cost so much what entire Frýdlant estate when the Rederns bought it.

5. The Smědá river

The mountain stream originates in Jizera Mountains peat bogs near the Jizera Peak and is formed at the Smědava mountain hut (847 m) from three streams - the White, Black and Brown Smědá rivers. The name was given by the golden-brown colour of water. On the Polish-German border, it flows into Lusatian Nisa river. . On August 7 2010, after a rainy rainfall, this other peacful ricer turned into an agitated element that flooded a large part of the town. 

6. Salt warehouse

In the past, the building served as a warehouse for this strategic raw material. It was rebuilt several times, most recently after an air bomb shot. However, the building was renovated and agter 1945 there were residental areas. 

7. Špitálek 

It was built in 156 by Friedrich of Redern as a shelter for the sick. It has undergine several reconstructions and since 2012 serves as the second museum exhibiton. It includes a chapel with a statue of the pieta and a discovery of a medieval bread oven, which functional replica is located in the outside area of Špitálek. A new interactive wxpositions was opened there in 2018.

8. Statue of Pieta

In the Okružní Street, near the resored town walls, there is the Statue of Pieta - Virgin Mary with dead Jesus. It is the work of anonymous authoe from the Baroque era. The Master was obviously familiar with the stimulus of creating a circle of outstanding Baroque artists such as Matyas Bernard Braun.



Frýdlant

Frýdlant

 
Radnice

Radnice

 
Náměstí

Náměstí

 
Morový sloup

Morový sloup

 
Kostel Nalezení sv. Kříže

Kostel Nalezení sv. Kříže

 
Solnice

Solnice

 
Špitálek

Špitálek

 
socha piety

socha piety

 
Hrobka Redernů

Hrobka Redernů

 
Městské hradby

Městské hradby

 
Betlém

Betlém

 
Zámecký park a rybník

Zámecký park a rybník

 
Hrad a zámek Frýdlant

Hrad a zámek Frýdlant

 
Pivovar

Pivovar

 
 
Created 20.5.2020 16:07:40 - updated 23.12.2020 9:32:53 | read 1405x | jana.mrnavkova