Obrázek nenalezen
Homepage > About our city

Timeline

1278       

1st written mention about town of Frýdlant

1300

Wenceslas II. Permits throat law

poč.14.století

Bulit city walls

1345

Mentions of the church st. Mary Magdalene in Větrov

1348

Plague in town

1552

The Church of the Finding of the Holy Cross rebuilt into present form

1457

Paper mill bulit in town, first paper mill in Europe

1562

Plague broke out from September to December

1572

Big city fire

1598

800 people died of the plague, including the mayout Hans Fúger, they are buried near the Orthodox Church

1626

Recatholisation resident due to move into a religiously tolerant Lužice. In Frýdlant ate 41 empty houses, in town 10, outskirts 25, in up place 6 houses.

1630

The plague is raging in town.

1633

About 500 people died of the plague.

1634

4th of May fire broke out, in addition to the church, the deanery and the school, all of the houses in town burned inside the walls.

1662

New town hall instead of the old one.

1680

206 people died of the plague in Frýdlant, Luh and Poustka.

1776

The law of suffering is abolished.

1779

On September 16 and 17. emperor Josef II. visited Frýdnalt. He slept at the castle.

1781

The imperial decree abolishes serfage.

1782

On March 13 and 14 burned 7 houses in Frýdlant.

1787

throat law is abolished.

1797

The carelessness of Tereza Lankisch, the shoemaker´s, led the town to a fire, when 72 houses burned down, including the town hall. This fired happend on January 17th

1798

Construction of the town hall was started. The construction was copleted in 1799.

1800

A vase by Franz Kryštof from Liberec was placed on the town hall tower. Today you can see this vase in Museum in 2nd floor of town hall.

1833

On december 18, a powerful hurricane dropped a vase from the town hall tower, the next year it was returned.

1848

unpaid work has been canceled

1850

The district governor's office replaced the upper administration of the Frýdlant region

1853

On January 21 a fire broke out, 97 houses was burned and 56 other buildings.  

1859

The foundation stone was laid for the construction of a school near the church, started in 1862. On May 8 1945 was bombed ane subsequently demolished.

1871

On July 8, crown prince Rudolf visited Frýdlant.

1875

On July 1, operation began od the trail tack Frýdlant-Liberec-Zdne 1. července byl zahájen provoz na trati Frýdlant-Liberec- Zawidów

1888

On Auhust 3, in the town was a big flood.

1889

A lookout tower has been bulit.

1892

Julius Kraus and Viktor Lenk established muzeum in hospital chapel. The leader of muzeum was Julius Krasu.

1893

Construction of the new town hall began, and was copleted in 1896.

1896

H. Kaufersch established a factory for agricultural machinery /traktorka/

1897

The big flood on July of 30th /stoletá voda/
Old town hall was demolished, it stood in the middle of square.

1902

Opening of the hospital in Frýdlant.

1902

Grand opening of the district railway Frýdlant – Jindřichovice, On July 2 in 9:30 am.

1904

The construction of  the evangelical church was completed.

1913

After ten months of work, the operation of the city water supply system began. On September 4.

1914

Celebrations og 900 years since the founding the town. Celebrate was. The celebration was stopped by war. 154 citizens of Frýdlant died in this war, 37 of them was missing.

1918

On October 29, Frýdlant region becam part of province Deutschböhmen.

1925

On September 13, the celebration of opening the Masaryk school.

1934

unveiled a statue of Albrecht with a fountain on the square. The sculpture was designed by a Raspenava sculptor Scholz. The cast of this statue was created by the Prague company Barták. This event. this event took place during the Wallenstein festival.

1938

1st of October  – Frydlant connected to the German Reich

1938

2nd of October - The German army occupied the city

1938

6th of October - /on December too / Adolf Hitler visited Frýdlant

1945

8th of May – Frýdlant was bombed by the Frýdlant bombardován sovětským letectvem

1945

9th of May – Frýdlant was liberated by the Red Army

1946

Transfer of the german population

1947

Transfer of the german population

1968

8th of August - Soviet troops passed through Frýdlant from Nové Město pod Smrkem to Liberec

1989

27th of November – demonstration ti support change in ČSSR after 17th of Noveber

1990

In January OF took over the administration of the city


Created 20.5.2020 16:26:19 - updated 6.1.2021 10:39:32 | read 1894x | tana